Here are a few reminders about light rail:
- Always have your ID: Make sure to have your 49er ID card when traveling on trains and buses to present to a fare inspector upon request. Remember that eventually you will tap your ID on a contactless reader to board the train -- just as you do on buses.
- Safety is a priority: Remain alert near a light rail crossing, observing all safety signs and signals. Never cross under a safety gate or attempt to cross when a train is approaching. Check out these additional tips for safety around and on the train.
- Code of conduct: CATS has a Riders Code of Conduct for all of its transportation services. This includes no smoking or drinking while traveling and prohibiting any non-service animal from boarding its trains or buses. Remember a violation of the Riders Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action by the University.
- Employee passes still available: Faculty and staff can still purchase a spring 2018 CATS all-access transit pass. It will be active within 72 hours of purchase and is good through Aug. 14. Learn more.
- Lost and found: Items found on the train go to the Charlotte Transportation Center daily. To claim a lost item, visit the CATS Customer Service Office located in Pavilion A at the Charlotte Transportation Center (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday) or call 704-336-RIDE.