The annual test of the campus lockdown system will occur at approximately 10 a.m., Monday, Dec. 16, and will last approximately 10 minutes.
The purpose of this test is to assess the functionality of the campus lockdown system. This test helps the Department of Safety and Security train and prepare for emergency situations.
What to expect:
- Exterior campus doors will be automatically locked. Individuals will not be able to enter a building from an exterior door during this time, but they will be able to exit the building if necessary
- Interior doors will not be affected. Movement within a building will not be impacted
- No action is required. Students, faculty, staff and visitors should continue their daily functions
- Key card access will not allow building entry. Key cards will not unlock the doors during this test
- UNC Charlotte police officers, along with other Department of Safety and Security personnel, will be visible around campus. They will be testing the lockdown functionality
Campus units that will have visitors or other scheduled events during this time are encouraged to share this information with their guests.