Virtual town hall meetings will take place in January and February for the faculty and staff of UNC Charlotte’s academic colleges. The meetings are designed as forums to discuss recently announced recommendations from the University's Top-Tier Research Commission for supporting the expansion and strengthening of UNC Charlotte’s research enterprise as presented in “Shaping What’s Next, Strategic Plan 2021-31.”
Faculty and staff will be invited via email to the session pertinent to their college. Information about registration and links to the virtual town hall meetings will be included in the email messages. The schedule for town hall meetings is:
- Belk College of Business, Friday, Jan. 14, 2-3 p.m.
- Lee College of Engineering, Thursday, Jan. 20, 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Cato College of Education, Thursday, Jan. 27, 1:45-2:30+ p.m.
- College of Health and Human Services, Friday, Jan. 28, 1-2 p.m.
- College of Arts + Architecture, Friday, Feb. 4, noon-1:30 p.m.
- College of Computing and Informatics, Tuesday, Feb. 8, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Thursday, Feb. 10, 10-11 a.m.
“Through all of last year, the Top-Tier Commission worked thoughtfully and consistently to determine the most effective path forward for UNC Charlotte to achieve top-tier research university status,” said Rick Tankersley, vice chancellor for research and economic development, and chair of the commission. “We’re eager to initiate what surely will be ongoing University-wide discussions related to the work vital to UNC Charlotte’s future.”