#NinerNationGives only comes once a year, and 2023 was one for the books. With the theme “It Takes A Nation,” Niners across the country galvanized to strengthen the University and champion the next generation.
The 49-hour initiative kicked off at noon, March 28, and wrapped up at 1 p.m., March 30. Here are a few highlights:
- A record-breaking 5,915 gifts totaling $3,183,800
- Received gifts from 50 states, plus Mexico, Canada and Australia
- 90 challenges were unlocked for a total of $434,091, funding causes like the Jamil Niner Student Pantry, scholarships, academic programs and athletics
- 164 ambassadors made up of alumni, faculty, staff and others supported this year’s campaign bolstering support through events, social media, personal networks and more
- 60 scholarships were supported across the University, allowing for more students to work toward achieving their goals — only at Charlotte
As one of the largest universities in the UNC System and the state’s urban research institution, UNC Charlotte is giving opportunities to the next generation of 49ers who will go on to make a big impact. Thank you to all the generous donors who made this year’s success possible.
Together, we’re building a Nation. Go Niners!!