On Friday and Saturday, May 12-13, UNC Charlotte will hold Spring Commencement ceremonies for 2023 graduates in Dale F. Halton Arena. More than 5,300 degrees and graduate certificates will be awarded during four ceremonies.
Friday’s 10 a.m. ceremony is for the undergraduates of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. The 3 p.m. ceremony is for all graduate students — doctoral, master’s and graduate certificates for all programs.
Saturday’s 10 a.m. ceremony is for the undergraduates of the Cato College of Education, the William States Lee College of Engineering and College of Health & Human Services. The 3 p.m. ceremony is for the undergraduates of the College of Arts + Architecture, Belk College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics
Reminders about Halton Arena
- A clear bag policy will be enforced
- Umbrellas and balloons will not be allowed in the arena
Parking and Transportation for Friday, May 12 and Saturday, May 13
The following changes to parking and transit operations will occur to accommodate expected parking demand for the four commencement ceremonies.
- Craver Road will close at 8 a.m. and reopen around 7 p.m.
- The following decks/lots will close to prepare for commencement parking on Thursday, May 11 at 11 p.m.: West Deck, Cone Decks 1 and 2, SAC ADA Lot/ SAC North and Lots 7/7A
- Parking at Union Deck, East Deck, South Village Deck or North Deck is recommended if you are not attending commencement.
- Commencement shuttles will run from East Deck and UNC Charlotte Main Light Rail Station to Craver Road from 8 a.m. until approximately 7 p.m. A separate shuttle will operate from the UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel and Conference Center to Craver Road during the same time period.
- Niner Transit will operate two Green buses for those who are not attending Commencement. Paratransit will operate on-demand service.
- View real-time Niner Transit, Paratransit and shuttle locations in the Passio GO! App. Look for “Commencement” and toggle the switch on to see the commencement route.
Contact the Office of Parking and Transportation Services at 704-687-0161 or email@example.com.