Friday, May 6, 2016
Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
A World of Good
Erskine Bowles and Sen. Alan Simpson help honor Chancellor Dubois as he receives the World Citizen Award.
Eight alumni awards were given to notables, including Dhiaa Jamil (’78) who earned the inaugural Bonnie Cone Lifetime Achievement Award. We’ve got the scoop.
There's a New Circus in Town
Professor CarlosAlexis Cruz spotlights Charlotte’s cultural complexities in "Nouveau Sud, Nouveau Cirque."
We break down UNC Charlotte’s 2016 legislative priorities for you.
Five Cool Things: May 2016
Take a glance at our list of "fun things to know."
In the News, May 2016
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- UNC Charlotte alum in Wells Fargo Championship
- CMS to tap firm known for diversity work to guide assignment review
- Light rail construction continues to affect traffic near University
- University launches LGBT history collection
- Final installment of "Keeping Watch" exhibit opens
- Butterfly Highway originated from UNC Charlotte research
- 2016 N.C. Science Festival comes to campus
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
THE CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
WRAL TECH WIRE (RALEIGH)
TWC NEWS 14
- Students, professors prepare for archaeological dig
- Public health can help close income inequality gap