Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter for the latest news and events.
Coming Down the Track
Legislative Update: July 2016
Two Minutes with the 704 Shop
Five Cool Things: July 2016
This fall brings the 70th anniversary of the beginning of the institution we know today as UNC Charlotte.
Mark the week of September 19 and watch upcoming editions of SYC for details on a series of special events that will celebrate our history and kick off an even greater, transformational future for UNC Charlotte.
In the News, July 2016
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- In Charlotte, foreign workers replace Americans in tech roles
- Professor featured in article on visual arts
- North Carolina Research Campus names director of business development
- Graduate student leads Butterfly Highway initiative
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- Mayor touts University at banking conference
- Walton takes new role at UNC Charlotte
- Carolinas group calls for major changes to the electric power model
- UNC Charlotte economist predicts slow growth ahead for state
SENSOR AND SYSTEMS
NPR "ALL THINGS CONSIDERED"
WFAE "CHARLOTTE TALKS"
- H-1B visas and foreign tech workers in Charlotte
- Susan McCarter discusses race and juvenile justice
- Economist comments on mid-year economy
- 49ers announce new men's head tennis coach
- University police practice response in active shooter training
WCNC TV "CHARLOTTE TODAY"