Friday, October 14, 2016
Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter for the latest news and events.
UNC Charlotte launches its largest campaign in history during Founders Celebration.
A New Union
Karen A. Popp (’80) and Demond T. Martin (’97) provide the lead campaign gifts with the Popp Martin Student Union.
Peaceful with Purpose
How it was here: UNC Charlotte students, faculty and alumni participate in demonstrations, get national attention for peaceful efforts.
The Results Are In - You Did it Again
See the impressive final tally from #NinerNationGives, including champion challenge gifts and social media posts.
Five Cool Things: October 2016
The Mount Zion dig uncovers a rare treasure, Big Data Initiative scores $4 million and UNC Charlotte gets recognition from the House floor.
In the News, October 2016
THE NEW YORK TIMES
THE WASHINGTON POST
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- UNC Charlotte starts $200M fundraising campaign with donations large enough to name student union
- UNC Charlotte Childress Klein Center for Real Estate raises $5.1 million
- UNC Charlotte economist: Mixed signals from economy
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- Student-driver to return to track after brain surgery
- 2016-2017 Visual Arts Preview
- Charlotte Arts Season 2016-17: Dance
WFAE "CHARLOTTE TALKS"
- The Surprising Flip Side to Post-Traumatic Stress: Post-Traumatic Growth
- Clinton vs. Trump, Round One: Who Won? Any Minds Changed?