Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter for the latest news and events.
Cato College of Education
The Cato Corporation donates $5 million for scholarships to the newly named Cato College of Education.
Learn about Thomas Turner, his $2.5 million gift, the Turner School of Accountancy and a special challenge.
Legislative Update, November 2016
UNC Charlotte alumni in public office, the “49er Democracy Experience,” and early voter turnout on campus.
Two alums invent a device to make ocean water drinkable – using only waves for energy. And the world is taking note.
Campus improvements continue as summer draws to a close – we show you the latest.
Five Cool Things: November 2016
A new class ring, Foxx visits and a new home for the 49er Miner
In the News, November 2016
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- UNC Charlotte PORTAL Building Targeted for More R&D Workers
- Sealed Air shows off packaging of the future
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- University's early college high school could expand under Clark's plan
- UNC Charlotte Center City Hosts Series on Schools and Communities
- Proposed housing for students facing opposition
WFAE "CHARLOTTE TALKS"
- Sexual Harassment Pervasive in American Culture?
- Social Work Professor Susan McCarter participates in forum on Scott Case
- Political Science Professor Discusses 2016 Presidential Election
THE CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
- Experts Analyze Growing Concern Over Cybersecurity in 2016 Elections
- University hosts Down Syndrome Awareness "Buddy Walk"