Thursday, September 14, 2017
Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter for the latest news and events.
Preliminary numbers are in: UNC Charlotte now has the second-largest undergrad population in the UNC system – and that’s just the beginning. Check out our most stellar year to date.
A year following the police-involved shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, UNC Charlotte puts the spotlight on race and opportunity. Here are seven ways to plug in.
The University celebrates big with alumni gatherings across the nation, plus hometown festivities and tailgates, including the all-new “Reunion Zero.”
The Golden Year
Faculty’s biggest night celebrates 50 years. Take a look inside the Bank of America Award for Teaching Excellence, including the winner of this prestigious distinction.
Chancellor Dubois visits the state capital; hosts legislative dinner promoting University priorities.
Five Cool Things
Five fun things you should know about UNC Charlotte.
In the News, September 2017
THE NEW YORK TIMES
- Baltimore Mayor Had Statues Removed in ‘Best Interest of my City’
- Why Confederate Monuments Must Fall
THE WASHINGTON POST
U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORT
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- UNC Charlotte has a $20 Million Plan to Build a CMS high school on campus
- 50 Young Teen Embody the Future of Public Education in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- Wells Fargo May See Some Leadership Changes
- Charlotte Talks: Is Removing Confederate Symbols ‘Correcting History’ or ‘Changing’ it?