Friday, February 9, 2018
Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter for the latest news and events.
A Lesson From Amazon
Chancellor Dubois discusses investment in Charlotte’s tech talent.
Tracking Light Rail
One year later, light rail has reshaped UNC Charlotte’s connection with the Queen City.
Three dynamic alumni are changing the landscape at home and abroad
Master of Urban Design students imagine a new neighborhood in the rail yard between North Tryon and North Brevard Streets.
Chancellor Dubois visits the state capital; hosts legislative dinner promoting University priorities.
Five Cool Things
Five fun things you should know about UNC Charlotte.
In the News, February 2018
- He died in Iraq. Now, UNC Charlotte grad has a song and building in his memory.
- A lesson from Amazon: Invest more in UNC Charlotte
- In Charlotte, thousands marched. That was only the beginning.
- UNC Charlotte students can ride light rail for almost nothing. Will they pack the trains?
- Charlotte’s light rail extension opens in March. Here’s what you need to know.
- Should UNC Charlotte drop the “UNC?”
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- What is driving Bank of America’s bounce?
- Charlotte political shift could spill into 2018 county races
- A Surging Economy is Lighting up the Charlotte Region
WFAE – CHARLOTTE TALKS
- Growing Charlotte’s Tech Sector and Talent Pipeline
- What’s Next for the #MeToo Movement
- LYNX Blue Line Turns 10, Has it Paid Off
NORTH STATE JOURNAL