Friday, November 16, 2018
Welcome to UNC Charlotte News, a newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte's urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections are its key components, providing a snapshot of the impact UNC Charlotte is making on our community and the region.
Art students add color and character to the historic and evolving Wesley Heights neighborhood.
Calvin Brock ’99 knows how to give and take a punch.
Poised for Power
The Ron Sanchez era is underway, and the Charlotte 49ers’ first-year men’s basketball coach will lean heavily on pre-season all-Conference USA point guard Jon Davis, while developing a lot of promising young talent.
Legislature Adjourns: Science building goes to the voters; budget includes several wins for UNC Charlotte.
Call of the City - an Alum Pays it Forward
By the time Susan Norton Jamison ’78 was in high school, two things were certain: She wanted to be an accountant and to attend college in the city.
Buckle Your Chinstrap!
Bret Wood, a lecturer and clinical education coordinator in the athletic training program at UNC Charlotte, outlines the price of playing the annual family Thanksgiving football game.
5 Cool Things
Mike Hill speaks to Niner Nation, Niner University Elementary and Alumni Signing Day.
In the News, November 16, 2018
- How to honor civilians killed in World Wars? Perhaps with this ‘Prayer for Peace’
- Judy Rose joins National Junior College Athletics Association as a consultant
- New ‘atlas’ of mobility shows how kids from different Charlotte neighborhoods have done
- What’s up this week in Charlotte’s visual arts?
Charlotte Business Journal
- Millennial expectations for an authentic sense
- Tech firm transformed from Airbnb to building a property platform
Black Press USA
Stanly News & Press