International Women’s Day celebration with Dean Fatma Mili
The Office of International Programs at UNC Charlotte is proud to continue its annual tradition of celebrating International Women’s Day on campus, recognizing the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women in our community. Our virtual celebration will be held on March 11, 2021.
- On Wednesday, March 10, from approximately 2 to 3 p.m., the University will be testing a new emergency voice-to-text speaker system.
There is a lot of information circulating about the COVID-19 vaccine. Let's separate fact from fiction with the help of the CDC, NIH and our own campus experts.
- FICTION: I have already had and recovered from COVID-19, so I don’t need a vaccine.
- FACT: Regardless of whether you already had COVID-19, you should get the vaccine. Reinfection of COVID-19 is possible, and experts are unsure how long someone is protected from reinfection after recovering.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Thinking about enrolling in a UNC Charlotte graduate class or program? Join Graduate Admissions on March 11 for a Faculty/Staff Information Session.
- It's not too late to nominate a colleague for Employee of the Year! Learn about "safety and heroism" Employee of the Year Award recipients and consider nominating a colleague today.
- Register for the March 10 workshop, Student-Centered Learning: Using Low-Stakes Quizzing in Canvas.
- Globally Networked Learning is for UNC Charlotte faculty members in any department who are interested in enhancing their course content through international virtual programming.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Tresata leads an interactive virtual grad student session on "Leading from Behind."
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Atkins Library publishes an eBook on Bonnie Cone: Jewel in the Crown: Bonnie Cone and the Founding of UNC Charlotte was recently published as an ebook through Atkins Library Digital Publishing.
- 3/11: Join us for the Belk College CEO Speaker Series with Chris Peek ‘93, President and CEO of CaroMont Health.
- 3/16: Explore Google Docs and learn to create collaborative text documents right in your web browser.
- 3/19: Alumni campus employees are invited to the 49er ACE Lunch and Learn: How to Navigate Leadership Transitions at Work virtual session, with Dr. Linda Rhoades Shanock.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!