Influential women on campus
In celebration of Women's History Month, we invited Niner Nation to acknowledge women on campus who have influenced them. Here are a few of the many women who make an impact on campus every day.
- OUTAGE REMINDER: Systems and services including Banner, Perceptive Content and my.uncc.edu will experience brief blips in connectivity on Saturday, May 1.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The deadline for nominations for the Student Employee of the Year is today at 5 p.m. — don't forget to nominate a student!
- Faculty and staff: Remember to complete the Diversity Assessment Survey! It is anonymous and should take approximately 10 minutes to finish.
- Summer funding for classroom-based research is available to faculty through the Scholarship of Assessment Faculty Learning Community Grants. Proposals are due by 5 p.m., April 2.
- CRI Deck gates are now down 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Permits or payment will be required to park at all times (including weekends). Permit holders may park on Level 2 and above. Visitors and hotel guests must enter through Level 4 and may park on Level 2 and above.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- We are Green with Gratitude that … the J. Murrey Atkins Library received $48,000 in donations to support the exceptional collections, spaces, services and technologies that you use! Giving back sparks creativity.
- Students: don't forget to complete the Diversity Assessment Survey! It is anonymous and should take approximately 10 minutes to finish.
- All UNC System schools, including UNC Charlotte, are moving to a per-credit hour tuition rate for students beginning fall 2021. Tuition will be assessed at per-credit hour rates for all new students as well as continuing students who are not in the NC Fixed Tuition Program. There are no changes to the way fees are assessed.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
MPA program moves up in national rankings: UNC Charlotte's MPA program rises to top 17% in U.S. News & World Report's Best Graduate School rankings for all ranked public affairs programs.
Trio of theatre faculty co-author chapter on decolonizing Shakespeare: Andrew Hartley, Kaja Dunn and Christopher Berry contributed the essay "Pedagogy: Decolonizing Shakespeare on Stage" to the new Arden Research Handbook of Shakespeare and Contemporary Performance.
UNC Charlotte alumnus and former NASCAR driver Kevin Conway '99 will appear on ABC's "Shark Tank" this Friday in an attempt to woo investors for his company, PHOOZY.
Counseling professor Bryan Stare discussed the balance that counselors must strike between serving the community and making money as a private practitioner.
- 4/2: Join UREC for a virtual fusion-style conditioning program of nonstop cardio and strength that blends techniques drawn from dance, Pilates and fitness.
- 4/6: Join the Center for the Study of the New South, the Women's and Gender Studies Program (WGST), Atkins Library and the Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement (IEE) for a series of Zoom events on Dr. L. H. Stallings' book "A Dirty South Manifesto."
- 4/11: Get up and get outside for a Mindful Day Hike at South Mountains State Park.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!