Are you Green with Gratitude?
Many of the most cherished opportunities, programs and experiences at UNC Charlotte are available only thanks to the generosity of donors. While it isn’t always possible to pay back the generosity shown toward us, there is always the ability to pay it forward. Learn how your donation can be matched 5 to 1. Are you Green with Gratitude?
- The University’s wastewater testing has detected the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in its routine sampling in three residence halls.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Online learning environments can feel empty and distant, but they don’t have to. Through the "Humanize Your Online Course" teaching guide, learn ways to connect with students, have them connect with one another and help them connect with the course content.
- Are you interested in participating in a Paper Chase collaborative writing bootcamp with a team of undergraduate research students? Learn more and apply.
- The School of Data Science is accepting research proposals for the summer 2021 seed grants for the data science funding cycle. The submission deadline is April 20.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Have an idea worth sharing? Apply to speak at the third TEDxUNCCharlotte in October 2021! Speaker applications are available online and are open to students, faculty, staff and community members. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 9.
- Applications are open for bell ringers for each May commencement ceremony. Be part of this long-standing Niner tradition! Applications are due at 11:45 p.m., April 18.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Frontline alumni heroes are first hotel guests: A nursing alumna who volunteered to go to New York in the early weeks of the COVID-19 crisis and an alumnus who keeps his exceptional students engaged at a Charlotte high school were honored Wednesday, March 31, as the first official guests of the new UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
- 4/5: View the documentary, "13th," Netflix Watch Party hosted by Graduate Public Health Association and learn about Social Justice as part of National Public Health Week.
- 4/6: Join UREC for a live, non-impact 30-minute Pilates class to develop strength, flexibility, core conditioning/stability, balance and inner awareness.
- 4/7: The virtual panel discussion, Sources of Domestic Extremism, will feature experts addressing political violence, the role of the media and public policy in a moderated question-and-answer session.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!