Lowe's $1.5 million gift will advance AI and machine learning within the College of Computing & Informatics
Lowe’s has donated $1.5 million to the College of Computing and Informatics to strengthen UNC Charlotte’s position as a leading technology hub and talent provider for Lowe’s, the Charlotte region and beyond. The gift will be used to establish the Lowe’s Endowed Chair in Computer Science and the Lowe’s Technology Innovation Fund.
- Learn more about yesterday's COVID-19 testing results and the ongoing testing in residence halls.
- There is still time to register for the TIAA Lecture featuring Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer and journalist Elizabeth Kolbert on Tuesday, April 13, at 6 p.m.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
How long does it take to develop immunity from the vaccines? Dr. Robert Jones, UNC Charlotte medical director, addresses some commonly asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Atkins Library launches its UNC Charlotte Faculty Survey today. The library is interested in how faculty members currently use the library and how it might improve those interactions in the future.
- North Carolina OSBM Budget Manual changes impact travel and other reimbursement rates. Visit the Financial Services website to learn more.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Come celebrate 4/9 Day with Barnes & Noble Charlotte. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, the bookstore will offer 75% off the clearance price for C-pick logoed merchandise. Prizes for the first 200 customers in the store. The offer is not available for online purchases.
- ICYMI: Dates and times have been announced for May 2021 Commencement ceremonies. All ceremonies will be held, rain or shine, in the Jerry Richardson Football Stadium.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
40 staff members nominated for Employee of the Year: The Human Resources Department received 32 nominations for the 2021 Employee of the Year in the categories of devotion to duty, human relations, innovation, community/public service and safety/heroism. For this year, 40 staff members were nominated either individually or as members of four teams.
- 4/9: Join a Zoom panel discussion with industry leaders in diversifying video game design and play.
- 4/9: Attend CCI’s inaugural Lowe's Technology Day virtually. This is the first in a twice-yearly series as part of the CCI-Lowe's partnership.
- 4/13: In “Introduction to Google Slides,” a beginner’s course offered by OneIT, you will learn how to display graphically rich content, collaborate with others and show off your professional presentations.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!