Linda Thurman shares her volunteer experience for National Volunteer Week
Linda Thurman has volunteered her entire adult life. In this interview, she shared how volunteering in the community, whether in big or small ways, can make a significant impact on a person’s life and how others can do the same.
- View the results of yesterday's COVID-19 testing in residence halls.
- Earlier today, UNC Charlotte announced an on-campus Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine clinic on April 20 for the campus community. Based on the demand, additional appointments have been added. The event will now run until 3 p.m. See original email for more information.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Join the University of North Carolina System and Fidelity for an educational web workshop to learn strategies and tips to help manage your financial future with confidence. Register for the April 20 workshop on how to manage unexpected events and expenses.
- Join Atkins Library’s Area 49 librarians and staff to learn about the spaces, technology and services offered and how you can incorporate these resources into your classroom to teach concepts like design thinking, critical thinking, the basics of digital scholarship, collaboration, game development, virtual reality and more.
- International experiences continue during the pandemic with Globally Networked Learning. See how several faculty members updated their curriculum to provide student engagement with partner universities.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- The Office of International Programs will host an International Career Panel on April 20 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Gain insights from career professionals and the University Career Center on developing a plan of action when pursuing work in an international field.
- Starting today, Gotcha, the campus escooter and bike share program, will be powered by Bolt Mobility. App users will be prompted to update their app and payment information. Bike rentals will only be available between 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. for the next few weeks while Gotcha migrates to the Bolt platform.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Belk College student team wins second place best practices award: A student-led initiative to expand professional development and career opportunities for UNC Charlotte Belk College of Business students interested in finance careers has received a regional best practices award.
Brenda Tindal ’04 named executive director of Harvard's Museums of Science and Culture: Tindal, a Charlotte native, alumna and award-winning public historian, will begin her role as "the public face of Harvard University's Faculty of Arts and Sciences" research museums on May 17.
- 4/22: Reorganize your Google Drive! Learn the tips and tricks to sort, filter and search files and create and manage folders for better productivity.
- 4/27: The Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement and Dear Asian Youth collaborated to discuss how to fight against anti-Asian racism without being anti-Black or pro-police, the model minority myth and how to support the Asian American Pacific Islander community.
- 4/27: Learn how to schedule breakout rooms and, as the meeting host, how to split participants of the meeting into separate sessions automatically or manually, and switch between sessions at any time with Zoom.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!