The Forty-Niner Forum Speakers Series presents: An Evening with Alex Highsmith
Hosted by Leadership & Community Engagement, enjoy this moderated Q&A talk with UNC Charlotte alumnus and current Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Alex Highsmith '20. This virtual event begins at 6 p.m., April 20, and is free and open to the UNC Charlotte community.
- We hope that you enjoyed the virtual TIAA Lecture Series featuring Elizabeth Kolbert. If you were unable to attend the Zoom webinar, here is a recording of the event. For those who watched the webinar, please take time to fill out this post-event survey. Any feedback is very much appreciated.
- The University’s wastewater testing has detected the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in its routine sampling in three residence halls.
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
UNC Charlotte encourages you to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and let us know when you do through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. The vaccine and reporting form aren't required, but there are benefits to both — including an exception to the Niner Health Check. Check your email for more information or visit the Niner Nation Cares website.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The State Health Plan offers a number of webinars to learn about the medical plan options when you become Medicare-eligible. Register for the next one on April 21.
- Online learning environments can feel empty and distant, but they don’t have to. Through the “Humanize Your Online Course” teaching guide, learn ways to connect with students, have them connect with one another and help them connect with the course content.
- The Using Feedback to Improve Teaching and Learning workshop provides an overview of tools and strategies for giving and receiving feedback – both traditional and technology-based – that can be easily incorporated into any course. This workshop counts towards the Essentials of Teaching and Learning Certificate.
- ICYMI: Community Relations is offering volunteer-from-home kits. You can choose to build 50 toiletry kits or 50 pencil packs. After completing the kits, you will decide which local nonprofit receives them and deliver them directly.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Dining Services is offering Hands-Off Delivery service, a student-led food delivery program developed in partnership with the Student Government Association. Use the Niner Diners Mobile Ordering app to place a delivery order for Panda Express. Deliveries are currently available for two drop-off locations: North Village Quad and South Village outside of The Den/Flame2Go. Learn more about the delivery process, fees and order restrictions.
- UNC Charlotte is creating a video compilation of what graduating means to our May 2021 graduates. This year’s graduates have an opportunity to contribute to this compilation by submitting short videos that include their thoughts and those from their families. Share your submissions by Thursday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
UNC Charlotte Transfer Center among successful transfer students success programs: UNC Charlotte is among a list of public universities to be showcased by the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) for its institutional programs aimed at advancing transfer students' success. Students transferring to UNC Charlotte are a highly diverse group that makes up approximately 50 percent of the total undergraduate student population, the largest percentage among UNC System schools.
- 4/18: This Botanical Gardens class focuses on classic summer varieties of vegetables and how to successfully grow your own vegetables in Charlotte almost year-round.
- 4/19: Balletone is like dancing for the non-dancer! Participate in UREC’s virtual Balletone class, a fusion-style conditioning program of non-stop cardio and strength that blends techniques drawn from dance, Pilates and fitness.
- 4/21: Atkins Library's Digital Media Literacy Group will host the panel discussion, “COVID-19 Vaccinations: Science, Politics, Mistrust and Misinformation." Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions following the facilitated discussion.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!