COVID-19 Vaccinations: Science, Politics, Mistrust and Misinformation
The Atkins Library's Digital Media Literacy Group will host a vaccine panel discussion on Wednesday, April 21, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Speakers from UNC Charlotte and the Charlotte region, including Gibbie Harris, public health director for Mecklenburg County and Dr. Gary Little, senior vice president and chief medical officer for Atrium Health Greater Charlotte Region, will address topics ranging from scientific information to political influences to medical mistrust to misinformation and disinformation. WBTV news anchor, Molly Grantham, will moderate.
- Learn more about Friday's COVID-19 testing results and the ongoing testing in residence halls.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Please take a few moments and update your emergency contact information through my.uncc.edu. By keeping this information current, Human Resources and Safety and Security can access it in the event of an emergency. Review this FAQ for more information.
- It’s National Volunteer Week and Community Relations has a few at-home volunteer pencil pack kits left. Upon completion, you decide which local nonprofit receives the donation and deliver them directly. Make a difference this week.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Need assistance to complete your FAFSA? Meet with a financial aid counselor virtually during Express FAFSA Service Days April 21, 22 and 27. Registration is required. Learn more at Niner Central.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Art students’ work included in Chicago museum exhibition: Works by Ajané Williams and Malik Norman are in the “Black Creativity Juried Art Exhibition,” which opened at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago on April 7.
- 4/19: Attend the Department of Music’s concert by the Gospel Choir, performed live and streamed via Vimeo. All ticket revenue supports the Department of Music scholarship fund.
- 4/22-4/23: The seventh annual Analytics Frontiers Conference, the largest data science conference in the region, is a virtual two-day event. Today is the final day to register; sign up now while you still can!
- 4/27: In this course on Zoom breakout rooms, learn how hosts can schedule breakout rooms, split participants into sessions up to 50 and instantaneously switch between sessions.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!