Angie Williams and her commitment to literacy in the Charlotte community
Every year, UNC Charlotte recognizes an employee who has made outstanding contributions by participating in or implementing community and public service projects, such as volunteering with various nonprofit organizations. Angie Williams, business services coordinator in the English Department, is a prime example of such an employee and the winner of the 2021 Employee of the Year Award in the category Community and Public Service.
- The Forty-Niner Forum Speakers Series with Alex Highsmith that was scheduled for today at 6 p.m. is postponed. A new date for the virtual Q&A will be announced on the Campus Events web calendar. Select that you're interested to be notified when a new date is selected.
- View the results from yesterday's COVID-19 testing in a residence hall.
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
Tahlieah Sampson, student body president 2020-21, and Dick Beekman, student body president 2021-22, discuss their decision to get the COVID-19 vaccine and encourage UNC Charlotte students to get the vaccine, too.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Learn more about the Office of Legal Affairs’ monthly training sessions on a variety of legal topics that are open to UNC Charlotte staff and faculty.
- Join Natalie Ornat, humanities librarian, and Savannah Lake, digital scholarship coordinator from Atkins Library, to learn how digital humanities projects, tools and resources can be integrated into your curriculum and instruction methods.
- Faculty and staff are invited to join the All-Honors Awards Ceremony via Zoom at 4 p.m., April 29, to recognize graduating seniors and competitive award recipients.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Are you interested in working with a research team to publish a manuscript? If so, please visit Paper Chase Project: Information and Application to apply. Applications are open now!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Niners earn NCAA tournament bid: The Charlotte 49ers men's soccer team (6-3-1) will be making its 15th appearance in the NCAA Tournament after earning an at-large bid.
WATER BROS Team advances to next stage of DOE Waves to Water prize: A team of Engineering Technology and Construction Management (ETCM) students and a faculty member, collaborating with a colleague outside of UNC Charlotte, has progressed to the advanced stages of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Waves to Water competition.
- 4/21: The Department of Music presents the UNC Charlotte Jazz Ensemble, directed by Will Campbell, in a live performance streamed via Vimeo.
- 4/22: Today is the last day to register for the “Community Talk to Discuss Confederate Monuments and the Ongoing Fight for Racial Justice” with author Karen Cox and other historians.
- 4/27: Register for Wealth Building Series: Debt and Money Management, hosted by the Black Alumni Chapter and Frenchie Brown ’91, senior project manager at Bank of America.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!