Professor Heather Coffey wins Board of Governors 2021 Excellence in Teaching Award
Cato College of Education professor Heather Coffey has been selected by the University of North Carolina Board of Governors for a 2021 Award for Excellence in Teaching. The award recognizes the extraordinary contributions of faculty members across the UNC System.
- View the results of yesterday's COVID-19 testing in a residence hall.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Your help is needed at the upcoming Commencement ceremonies, May 13, 14 and 15, to assist at the information table and ticket office and to welcome guests. Make this a memorable celebration for our graduates and guests by signing up to volunteer.
- VPN users may experience a short delay logging into the VPN for the first time after OneIT installs a new diagnostics and reporting tool at 7 p.m., Monday, May 3.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Help Atkins Library determine whether specific video game titles and controllers should be eligible for UNC Charlotte’s Diversity In Gaming Collection.
- Plan for final exams and attend the May 6 Virtual Reading Day Review Sessions for select courses in accounting, math, chemistry, statistics and physics. Finish strong!
- The Academy for Population Health Innovation is challenging you or your team to create a public service announcement video to encourage COVID-19 vaccination! The academy will select first- and second-place winners and an honorable mention.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Green and gold drive business around the globe: Alumni across three continents are helping Belk College celebrate its 50th anniversary.
- 4/27: It’s not too late to register for Wealth Building Series: Debt and Money Management, hosted by the Black Alumni Chapter and Frenchie Brown ’91, senior project manager at Bank of America.
- 4/28: Join UREC for a live, virtual 30-minute Barre group fitness class, focusing on high repetition with low weights and impact.
- 5/1: Participate in a live online class offering an unending supply of interesting shapes, textures and details for artists to discover and draw. Amy Tipton will help introduce participants to critical exploration of plant forms and an understanding of basic plant parts, and floral arrangement will be discussed briefly to ensure accurate representations of the selected subject specimen(s).
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!