Virtual Faculty Showcase celebrates faculty best practices
This year’s Virtual Faculty Showcase, hosted by the Office for Assessment and Accreditation, the Center for Teaching and Learning, Atkins Library and Communication Across the Curriculum, celebrates faculty best practices. Learn how faculty made improvements and adaptions to their classes in an online environment.
- The Mecklenburg County Commission recognized the second anniversary of the April 30 campus shooting at its recent meeting by proclaiming April 30, 2021, is a "A Day of Remembrance."
- The University’s wastewater testing has detected the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in its routine sampling in a couple of residence halls.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Learn how to use webcams and Respondus Monitor in the classroom.
- Ventureprise Launch NSF I-Corps Virtual Summer Cohort is now accepting applications. This program is for UNC Charlotte faculty, staff and students to explore the commercial possibilities of their ideas and research.
- The American Red Cross Club is seeking a faculty or staff advisor to assist the executive board with needs that involve the successful running of the organization. Advisors do not have decision-making or voting authority within the American Red Cross Club, as organizations are student-initiated and student-run. To learn more, please email Heather Miller, associate director for Student Involvement, at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Respondus LockDown Browser will not work on Chromebooks. If your instructor requires Respondus LockDown Browser and you don’t have access to a laptop, please notify your instructor as soon as possible.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Ventuerprise alumnus and Belk College of Business senior Adonis Abdullah receives NC IDEA MICRO grant: Adonis Abdullah, founder of Hot Route Analytics, was named one of 19 NC IDEA MICRO grant awardees, after a highly competitive, statewide application and selection process.
- 4/29: Attend the Designing Health: Arts + Architecture, Health & Human Services Colloquium. The one-hour event includes three interdisciplinary panel discussions that bring together faculty from both colleges.
- 4/29: Attend the Honors College awards ceremony to recognize graduating seniors. The in-person event is only for those being celebrated, but family and friends will be able to watch the simulcast via Zoom.
- 5/3: The Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement will present its annual Lavender Graduation, which celebrates LGBTQ+ graduates and their accomplishments.
STAY UPDATED ON THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Find the latest information on when and how you can receive your shot on the Niner Nation Cares website. Let's keep our community safe and healthy!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!