Enhancing the resilience and reliability of the power grid — and training a new generation of energy experts
A public-private partnership and support from the U.S. Department of Energy are key to the Energy Production and Infrastructure Center and the William States Lee College of Engineering's ability to help modernize the power grid and meet market demand for engineers who can manage it.
- View the results from yesterday's COVID-19 testing in a residence hall.
- Vaccines are one of the most important tools to fight the spread of COVID-19. Learn more about our community's path forward at the Niner Nation Cares website.
- Already vaccinated? Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
- Reminder: Exit testing is available through May 14. Members of the campus community may schedule an appointment Tuesday, May 4, through Friday, May 7, and Monday, May 10, through Friday, May 14. More information is available on the Niner Nation Cares website.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Congratulations to the new slate of faculty governance for the 2021-22 term: Faculty President Susan Harden, Past President Joel Avrin and Faculty Secretary Debra Smith. See the election results for all 2021-22 positions.
- Discover active learning methods that transfer research to practice with noted guest speaker Gary Smith on May 6 at 11:30 a.m.
- On May 5 at 3 p.m., the Office of International Programs' International Student and Scholar Office will hold a virtual town hall for international scholars, faculty and staff. Topics will include health and safety, travel updates and reminders on maintaining valid status.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- You’re invited to Char-LIT Fest! Take a break from studying and head out to the Star Quad on Thursday, May 6, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. for a free lunch, crafts, activities and giveaways. Hang out in the sun and relax for a couple of hours before getting back to that final paper or studying for upcoming exams.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Happy National Teachers Day! Did you know that UNC Charlotte is one of the top three producers of teachers in North Carolina and is responsible for over 75 teachers of the year since 2015? On this #NationalTeachersDay and every day, we are so proud and grateful for the work of educators from Niner Nation and beyond. Thank you for everything you do!
- 5/4: The Department of Music presents the University Chorale and the Men's Chorus, directed by Eric Posada, in a live performance streamed via Vimeo.
- 5/4: The UNC Charlotte Belk College of Business Alumni Council and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas are co-hosting a discussion focusing on suggestions, tips and ideas for talking to children and family members about diversity.
- 5/5: Join UREC for a live virtual 30-minute barre group fitness class. Come enjoy fun music, muscle strengthening and improving your balance with this high-energy class!
Already vaccinated? let us know!
Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!