Belk College alumnus establishes the Niblock Scholars Program
A $2.5 million gift from UNC Charlotte alumnus Robert A. Niblock ’84 will establish the Niblock Scholars Program to directly support students in the Belk College of Business.
- The University’s wastewater testing has detected the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in its routine sampling in two residence halls.
- Already vaccinated? Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- New! Customizable Checklist for Online Courses — this easy-to-use tool facilitates communicating expectations with students and can be tailored by department or course. Created with input from our students, the checklist is a best practice that is meant to increase mutual understanding and shared commitment.
- Your help is needed at the upcoming Commencement ceremonies, May 13, 14 and 15, to assist at the information table and ticket office and to welcome guests. Make this a memorable celebration for our graduates and guests by signing up to volunteer.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Are you a current Niner who’s not been to campus yet? Join VIP guest tour guide, Dean of Students Christine Reed Davis, for a special tour of our beautiful campus on Reading Day, May 6! The tour starts at 10 a.m. in the Popp Martin Student Union rotunda and will end at the Char-LIT Fest with free food and activities. Register today to be a part of this event!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Byron White included in Pride Magazine’s Best of the Best section: Congratulations to Byron White, associate provost of Urban Research and Community Engagement, who was included in the latest edition of Pride Magazine’s Best of the Best section.
- Students honored for service, leadership and academics: At the end of each spring semester, UNC Charlotte presents several awards to students during the annual Honors and Awards Ceremony. This year, 12 students were recognized during the virtual ceremony for their significant contributions to UNC Charlotte and their outstanding qualities of scholarship and leadership during their undergraduate careers.
- 5/6: Attend the virtual 49er Beer Tasting, hosted by the UNC Charlotte Alumni Association and alumnus Tim Wallace ’99, owner of The Wine Vault. Registration includes four bottles of beer (750 ml each) to taste. Open only to ages 21 and older.
- 5/8: The Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement and the Latinx/Hispanic Faculty & Staff Caucus will host this year's virtual Latinx Graduation Celebration, which honors all 2021 Latinx and/or Hispanic graduating UNC Charlotte students (undergraduate and graduate).
- 5/9: Join the UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens and the NC Native Plant Society Southern Piedmont Chapter for the free Zoom discussion, “The Hunt for Charlotte’s Treasure Trees.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!