Niner nurses step up to keep campus healthy
The School of Nursing was a driving force in the success of recent on-campus vaccine clinics, providing staff support and administering vaccines to the campus community.
- View the results from yesterday's COVID-19 testing in residence halls.
- Already vaccinated? Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Join 350-plus UNC Charlotte faculty and students who have already completed the Ventureprise Launch program. Apply to participate in the Summer 2021 Ventureprise Launch National Science Foundation I-Corps Virtual Cohort to receive up to $5,000 for your research or business idea. Applications close May 20.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Gold Rush returns with in-person events this fall! Gold Rush is a University-wide effort to engage returning students and welcome new students to our campus. New Student and Family Services (NSFS) encourages student organizations and campus departments to submit events for inclusion in the official Gold Rush schedule. The priority submission deadline is Friday, May 21, and all other submissions are due Friday, July 2.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Chancellor Gaber included on North Carolina Power List: Chancellor Sharon L. Gaber is on the inaugural Business North Carolina Power List 2021, which features the state's most influential business leaders in 18 industry categories.
- Professor shortlisted for Aesthetica Art Prize: Assistant professor Andrew Leventis is one of 19 artists chosen from thousands of applicants for the Aesthetica Art Prize, an international competition founded in 2007 by U.K.-based Aesthetica magazine.
- 5/8: Learn to become your own plant diagnostician! Insects can cause tremendous damage to plants and quickly take over — or they can be our helpers and clean the pests away. Director of the UNC Charlotte Botanical Garden Jeff Gillman will teach you the insects that are culprits and what to do about them.
- 5/11: Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and work with other people collaboratively. In this introductory course, you will learn to create, edit and format a spreadsheet, and share and work with others.
- 5/12: Looking for another way to engage colleagues and students? Use Zoom to easily join and create meetings. Discover the meeting room interface, share your screen and more in this training.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!