New internship program in sports analytics through School of Data Science and Athletics Department
The Charlotte 49ers Athletics Department has partnered with UNC Charlotte’s School of Data Science and the Department of Kinesiology to provide sports analytics for each of the 49ers’ 18 athletic programs. The new internship program, which is set to launch in fall 2021, offers students the opportunity to gain invaluable, “on-the-field” industry experience.
- The University’s wastewater testing has detected the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in its routine sampling in two residence halls.
- Already vaccinated? Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Teaching this summer? Register for this CTL bootcamp to get your course ready!
- Reminder for Staff: The deadline to register for Wellness Week sessions is May 9. Wellness Week is May 17-21.
- The NC Total Retirement Plan Education is hosting several virtual workshops in May to help you plan your financial future. Visit the Human Resources website for more details.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- New Student & Family Services is looking for student leaders to fill the Gold Rush team leader role. Gold Rush team leaders provide support to the Gold Rush program by coordinating publicity and staffing various events and activities offered during the University's welcome program. This is a paid student leader role with responsibilities taking place prior to and during fall Gold Rush 2021 and spring Gold Rush 2022. Applications are due Friday, May 21, at 11:45 p.m.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Africana Studies scholar earns internationally competitive fellowship: Through one of the most competitive fellowship programs in the world, UNC Charlotte Africana Studies scholar Oscar de la Torre has been named the Anthony E. Kaye Fellow at the National Humanities Center in the coming academic year.
- Dean of Students Christine Reed Davis wins Dissertation Legacy Award: Christine Reed Davis, ’20 Ed.D., associate vice chancellor and dean of students, recently received the Legacy Dissertation Award, which recognizes outstanding academic performance for a doctoral dissertation in Educational Leadership successfully defended during the previous academic year.
- 5/19: This just-in-time training will enhance your experience with Google Docs. Learn a few tips and tricks that will make your work life much easier and productive.
- 5/20: This Graduate School information session will provide a general overview of admission requirements and the application process and will include details about standardized test requirements, funding opportunities and financial aid. Following the presentation, select program representatives will be available to meet with prospective students in breakout rooms.
- 5/21: Join Chartwells for a demo of a delicious healthy family dinner. Virtually create a soy and ginger seared salmon over a watermelon radish and arugula goat cheese salad. Recipes and tips will be included followed by a Q&A session.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!