A day in the life with senior ROTC Battalion Commander Roxana Pozos
Army ROTC battalion commander. Psychology major. Niner guide. S.A.F.E. mentor. Class of 2021 graduate. UNC Charlotte senior Roxana Pozos wears many hats. However, despite her busy schedule, Pozos let us tag along to see what a typical day looks like for her.
- Learn more about Friday's COVID-19 testing results and the ongoing testing in residence halls.
- Already vaccinated? Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
- Exit testing is available through May 14. Members of the campus community may schedule an appointment Monday, May 10, through Friday, May 14. More information is available on the Niner Nation Cares webs
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- For employees enrolled in the 70/30, 80/20 and High Deductible health plans, the State Health Plan has extended the waiver for the cost of treatment (medical treatment only) until June 30, 2021, for members diagnosed with COVID-19, including associated deductibles, copayments and coinsurance. Any medications prescribed to treat COVID-19 will be subject to the copay/coinsurance. For the most recent coronavirus updates, visit the State Health Plan website.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- This is the final week that you can use your declining balance to purchase Niner gear from the bookstore.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Recent graduates will receive 10 Under Ten Awards on May 21: Hosted by the Young Alumni Chapter, the annual 10 Under Ten awards honor outstanding UNC Charlotte alumni who have graduated within the past 10 years. Learn more about this class of spirited Niners and how to attend the in-person award ceremony.
- Social Work alumna named CEO of Charlotte nonprofit focused on HIV: UNC Charlotte alumna Chelsea Gulden ‘04 is the newest CEO of RAIN, a nonprofit organization that empowers those living with HIV and those at risk to be healthy and stigma free.
- 5/10: Head to the Rowe Galleries to see exemplary artwork by graduating seniors earning their Bachelor of Fine Arts. The gallery is open until May 16.
- 5/11: Join UREC for a live, virtual 30-minute pilates class.
- 5/18: Working with large data sets? Create pivot tables in Google Sheets. In this training, you will learn how to add or edit pivot tables, change or remove data and find source data rows for a cell in pivot tables.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!