UNC Charlotte names Levine Scholars
UNC Charlotte’s Levine Scholars Program has selected 20 young leaders from across the United States who will be members of the 12th class of the prestigious and academically competitive scholarship program. The scholars will join the University beginning with the fall 2021 semester.
- The Chief Diversity Officer Search Committee seeks your input on the qualities, skills and attributes needed for the position of associate vice chancellor and chief diversity officer. Share your opinions at one of two open sessions.
- Parking is free for all graduates and guests. Graduates and guests should park in the Popp Martin Student Union Deck for Commencement ceremonies and use the Commencement shuttle to travel to the stadium. Visit the Commencement page to view a Commencement parking map and learn more about the campus shuttle and accessibility options. View parking closures and Niner Transit updates.
- View the results from yesterday's COVID-19 testing in a residence hall.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
- Exit testing is available through May 14. Members of the campus community may schedule an appointment Tuesday, May 11, through Friday, May 14. More information is available on the Niner Nation Cares webs
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- If your address or telephone number has changed, you should update your information through my.uncc.edu.This will update your information in Banner as well as with the State Health Plan, NCFlex and the Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System if enrolled. If you are enrolled in the Optional Retirement Plan or a supplemental retirement plan, you will need to update your contact through your plan's website.
- Upcoming IT Outage: Banner, NinerNET password and Duo management are among the University IT services that will be affected during a planned outage from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 22.
- Do you provide at least 20 hours of care a week to a person with a chronic illness or memory loss? The Caregiver TLC Research Program offers free online support to adults caring for persons with memory loss, dementia or chronic illness.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- The Popp Martin Student Union will have modified operational hours this week: Tuesday-Wednesday, May 11-12, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Thursday and Friday, May 13-14, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturday, May 15, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Four massage chairs will be in Popp Martin Student Union through Thursday, May 13, for students to use during finals week. These relaxation stations are free for students and are open on a first-come, first-served basis while the building is open.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Laura Williams named to UNC System Executive Leadership Institute: Laura Williams, UNC Charlotte’s controller, was part of the select group of 24 participants named to the UNC System Executive Leadership Institute.
- Education doctoral student receives fellowship for potential to contribute to society: Marquis Mason, an education doctoral student at UNC Charlotte, was awarded the Faye Jacques Memorial Graduate Fellowship, established in 2009 by the friends and family of Jacques in honor of her tireless dedication to UNC Charlotte and graduate education.
- 5/11: Visit the Popp Martin Student Union Art Gallery to view the exhibition, “Charlotte Strong: Tragedy and Response.” This showcase focuses on the strength of Niner Nation surrounding the events of April 30, 2019. This exhibit can be viewed daily through May 28, from noon to 6 p.m. Masks are required.
- 5/13: Join UREC for a live, virtual 30-minute total body workout group fitness class.
- 5/25: Join local and national experts for a virtual panel on transportation and economic mobility.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!