Meet the graduates
With many of the Class of 2020 — who celebrated their graduation virtually last year — set to join the Class of 2021 for in-person ceremonies this week, get to know a few of our graduates as they reflect on their fondest memories, recognize impactful faculty and staff and bestow advice to future Niners.
- View the results from yesterday's COVID-19 testing in residence halls.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
- Exit testing is available through May 14. Members of the campus community may schedule an appointment for today or tomorrow. More information is available on the Niner Nation Cares website
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- ICYMI: Watch the 2021 Staff Recognition Event.
- Final Reminder: Back up Webex recordings and reschedule meetings before University Webex services and support retire on Tuesday, May 18.
- Check out Atkins Library's April/May newsletter.
- There have been some changes to the fees associated with the UNC System Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and the UNC 457(b) Plan. Please review this information about these changes to learn how you may be affected. No action is required. Reference the UNC System Office notification for more details, including a chart that shows the funds affected by the change.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Your financial aid offer for 2021-22 is based on 2019 tax information. If you feel that your current financial circumstances are not reflected correctly in your 2019 tax return, you may request a reconsideration to allow the Financial Aid office to update certain information on your FAFSA to better reflect the actual household income and size.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Congratulations Class of 2020! UNC Charlotte celebrates the 6,522 undergraduate degrees granted and 1,960 graduate degrees granted to the Class of 2020!
Dawn Schmitz, associate dean for Special Collections and University Archives, and Tyler Cline, digital archivist, contributed to Charlotte Ledger article on archiving Charlotte's COVID-19 story.
Political Science professor Yaoyao Dai, who analyzed languages used in transcripts by the Chinese Foreign Ministry over the last 20 years, co-authored the article, “China’s ‘wolf warrior’ diplomats like to talk tough.”
- 5/20: This Graduate School information session will provide a general overview of admission requirements and the application process and will include details about standardized test requirements, funding opportunities and financial aid. Following the presentation, select program representatives will be available to meet with prospective students in breakout rooms.
- 5/21: Join Chartwells for a demo of a delicious healthy family dinner. Virtually create a soy and ginger seared salmon over a watermelon radish and arugula goat cheese salad. Recipes and tips will be included, followed by a Q&A session.
- 5/24: Join University Recreation for the annual On the Green golf tournament to raise money for the Student Professional Development Fund as well as the P.J. Briggs Scholarship. The tournament is at the Tradition Golf Club, beginning at 10 a.m. Students, faculty/staff, alumni and the community are encouraged to participate.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!