Class of 2021 celebrates commencement under clear, blue skies with families and friends
UNC Charlotte conferred 3,746 undergraduate degrees and 1,524 graduate degrees upon the Class of 2021 over three ceremonies on Friday, May 14, and Saturday, May 15, in Jerry Richardson Stadium.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Upcoming IT Outage Reminder: Banner, NinerNET password and Duo management are among the University IT services that will be affected during a planned outage from 7 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 22.
- In the coming weeks, OneIT will tour offices and labs to help ensure University campus computers are powered on and connected to the network. Schedule a complimentary desktop check for your office.
- Learn how to easily create and publish videos for your Canvas course on May 18.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- If you registered for any summer classes on or before May 25, your payment is due by 11:59 p.m., May 25.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- The Belk College of Business named a Tier 1 business school by CEO Magazine: The Belk College of Business’ MBA was named a “Tier 1” program for North American universities in the newly released 2021 CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings.
- 2020-21 Teaching Assistant Awards go to Holshouser and Maguire: Kaitlyn Holshouser, Curriculum and Instruction-Urban Elementary Education, and Jules Maguire, English, recently received the Teaching Assistant and Instructor of Record awards, respectively, during the Graduate School's 2020-21 Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Awards ceremony.
- 5/17: BODYPUMP is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.
- 5/17: Visit the Popp Martin Student Union Art Gallery to view “Charlotte Strong: Tragedy and Response.” This showcase focuses on the strength of Niner Nation surrounding the events of April 30, 2019. This exhibit can be viewed daily through May 28, from noon to 6 p.m.
- 5/21: Register to attend the 10 Under Ten Awards, hosted by the Young Alumni Chapter. The ceremony will spotlight 10 accomplished UNC Charlotte alumni who have graduated within the past 10 years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!