Mindy Sides-Walsh is devoted to UNC Charlotte's students
Throughout her years of service to the University, Mindy Sides-Walsh has provided a broad range of student leadership programs serving new students and advanced student leaders in developing their skills and future paths. Some of the most crucial work she and her team perform includes serving students on campus who live with food insecurity issues.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Getting started with Poll Everywhere: Learn to use quick polls to engage your students at the May 19 workshop.
- Atkins' Digital Media Literacy Group and Erin Godley-Reynolds created a set of videos on fact-checking COVID-19 vaccination information.
- Faculty Learning Communities: The Office of Assessment and Accreditation is offering two workshops on Monday, May 24, that focus on examining equity in assignments and turning grading into learning using Gradescope. Please visit the OAA website for additional details and to register.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Our popular Write-a-Thon for graduate students is now on Saturday! Whether you're finishing a dissertation chapter, getting ready to defend a thesis, trying to complete a term paper or just need to get some work done, this event is for you. The Write-a-Thon provides structured writing time, goal setting, accountability and a grad student “Slack” group to help you connect and keep each other motivated.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Vannoy claims softball's first Conference USA Player of the Year award: In a growing list of season firsts, junior catcher Bailey Vannoy has garnered Charlotte's first Conference USA Player of The Year.
- Ahad, Turner receive top graduate fellowships: Dewan Mohammed Abdul Ahad, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering candidate, and Dylan Turner, Ph.D. Geography candidate, received this year's Wayland H. Cato Jr. First-Year Doctoral Fellowship, which provides $18,500 plus tuition and insurance.
- 5/19: This UREC cycling class is great for all fitness levels and a change to your regular fitness routine. Take a seat and join our next ride! Registration is no longer required. First-come, first-served with limited capacity in the studios.
- 5/20: This Graduate School information session will provide a general overview of admission requirements and the application process and will include details about standardized test requirements, funding opportunities and financial aid. Following the presentation, select program representatives will be available to meet with prospective students in breakout rooms.
- 5/23: Maximize and beautify your yard and gardens with a smart planting plan. Ed Davis will introduce foundations of design and guide participants to create a personalized proposed landscape blueprint to ensure a gorgeous result.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!