Chris Gonyar, behind-the-scenes hero, keeps campus safe
Not all heroes wear capes, but some of them do wear Niner gear from head to toe. That was the sentiment expressed by those who nominated Chris Gonyar ’05, ’07 MPA , this year’s recipient of the Employee of the Year (EOY) award for Safety and Heroism.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Niner Research, UNC Charlotte's new integrated electronic research administration (eRA) system for managing research and research compliance activities, will undergo a major upgrade on June 9. During this time, none of the modules will be available.
- Tune up your syllabus or get key information to include in your course's syllabus. “The Syllabus 101: Roadmap to Success” workshop on May 24 counts toward the Essentials of Teaching and Learning Certificate.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Enroll now for the Sports Analytics Summer Practicum (ITCS 4010). During this five-week course, you will have the opportunity to complete sports analytics projects for the Carolina Panthers, ESPN and the Charlotte Football Club.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Gallery named in former dean's honor: The University has honored Ken Lambla, professor emeritus and founding dean of the College of Arts + Architecture, by dedicating the Storrs Gallery to him.
UNC Charlotte researchers are collaborating with the UNC Coastal Studies Institute and other System institutions to explore ways to harness "the power of the Gulf Stream as a renewable energy source" for North Carolina.
UNC Charlotte alumni and former minor league baseball players Justin Seager ‘18 and Brock Hudgens ‘14 launched a website that helps parents find baseball and softball camps for their children.
- 5/21: Hoping to focus on strength, balance and flexibility while also getting in a good workout? “Power Yoga” will take you through the elements of yoga at a faster pace and keep you moving the majority of the time! Registrations no longer required.
- 5/25: Strengthen all of the major muscle groups in “Muscle Madness.” Dedicate 30 minutes to training your muscles and bringing them to fatigue from the shoulders to your calves.
- 5/26: UNC Charlotte economist John Connaughton will present his quarterly forecast on the North Carolina economy during the UNC Charlotte Economic Forecast. Under the direction of Connaughton, the forecast has provided invaluable economic data for North Carolina since 1981.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!