Faustina Edwin wins Student Employee of the Year Award
Hard work and excellence in everything. This idea captures how many UNC Charlotte students approach their jobs and academics, balancing both with determination and diligence. This idea is also an apt descriptor of what UNC Charlotte values in this year’s Student Employee of the Year, Faustina Edwin.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form after receiving your vaccine. You will be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing once the form is approved.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Effective Tuesday, June 1, some of the University's domestic travel guidance will be revised. Please continue to reference the travel restrictions news article for more information.
- Communicating with students: Learn to give helpful feedback to your students with this FAQ.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Brush up on success strategies to help you master online classes in this 45-minute tutorial from the University Center for Academic Excellence. The training covers topics like how to prepare your headspace, physical space and digital space for online learning as well as how to keep up the pace throughout the course.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Charlotte 49ers land school-record four football games on CBS Sports Network: Conference USA has finalized dates for the 2021 football season and released a portion of the league's broadcast schedule. Charlotte will have a school-record four games televised nationally on CBS Sports Network, including three home games.
Ely Portillo, the Urban Institute's assistant director of outreach and strategic partnerships, was a featured guest on WFAE's "Charlotte Talks" this week, discussing the city's new vision plan and what it could mean for our future.
UNC Charlotte sophomore Malachi McMillan discussed his motivation for volunteering at a local food pantry.
- 5/28: Hoping to focus on strength, balance and flexibility but also get in a good workout? Power yoga will take you through the elements of yoga at a faster pace and keep you moving the majority of the time!
- 5/28: BODYPUMP is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for — and fast!
- 6/6: In this online class, Larry Mellichamp, director emeritus of the UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens, will describe bog habitats and their most important species and discuss how to grow them in portable containers and constructed beds. A live Zoom format will offer opportunities for students to ask questions.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!