Engineering a winner
Editor's Note: Niner Insider will move to a summer schedule, publishing every Tuesday and Thursday from June 1 - July 29. Our next edition will be next Tuesday, June 1. See you then!
On Sunday, Cliff Daniels ’10 will take his position as crew chief atop the pit box for the Hendrick Motorsports No. 5 Chevrolet just as he does most weeks throughout the NASCAR season. But with NASCAR set to make its annual stop this weekend in the Queen City at the Coca-Cola 600, this week always feels extra special.
- A summer marketing campaign invites Charlotte working professionals to "Invest in You."
- In recognition of May is Mental Health Awareness Month, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion — with several campus partners — outlines the availability of comprehensive campus and community resources designed to support the needs of people of color and shares the reasons specialized services are important.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form after receiving your vaccine. You will be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing once the form is approved.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- NCFlex, in partnership with the State Retirement System, State Employees Credit Union and Prudential Retirement, is offering a free financial and retirement planning webinar for state employees on Tuesday, June 29, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Niner Transit and Paratransit service will end at 9 p.m. daily until further notice. There is no Gold service during the summer.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Thanks to an alumna architectural leader, UREC was named an award-winning facility: The state-of-the-art University Recreation Center (UREC) was designed by the integrated architecture and engineering firm CannonDesign, in association with Jenkins Peer Architects, and UNC Charlotte alumna Colleen McKenna ’89 was at the helm of the project.
- 6/1: By using ballet techniques and multiple props, Barre is a full-body exercise class that focuses on high repetition with low weights and impact. Come enjoy fun music, muscle strengthening and improving your balance with this high-energy class!
- 6/3: UREC’s group fitness Pilates is a non-impact workout to develop strength, flexibility, core conditioning/stability, balance and inner awareness. Come strengthen the “powerhouse” that is your body.
- 6/17: Explore methods of keeping organized with Google Drive, including how to sort, filter and search for files. Also, discover how to use and manage folders for better organization.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!