Krista Collins: Enhancing workplace quality and morale at UNC Charlotte
Krista Collins, this year’s Employee of the Year recipient in the category of Human Relations, has worked hard to keep employees in the University’s largest and most diverse department engaged throughout a once-in-a-century, global pandemic.
- A summer marketing campaign invites Charlotte working professionals to "Invest in You."
- In recognition of May is Mental Health Awareness Month, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion — with several campus partners — outlines the availability of comprehensive campus and community resources designed to support the needs of people of color and shares the reasons specialized services are important.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form after receiving your vaccine. You will be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing once the form is approved.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Communicating with students: Learn how to receive helpful feedback from your students with this FAQ.
- View the summer hours for the IT Service Desk.
- Faculty and staff season tickets for Charlotte 49ers football are on sale now.
- Attend a training session in June to learn more about the changes to the look and feel of the timesheet, employee profile views and navigation in Kronos Workforce Ready.
- CAPTRUST Financial Advisors, an independent advisory firm that works on the UNC Retirement Programs, will conduct virtual consultations June 14-18 and June 21-25.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Learn more about summer hours for Atkins Library.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Architecture professor, alumni represented in Venetian exhibition: An exhibition presented by the European Cultural Center, in conjunction with the 2021 Venice Architecture Biennale, includes design projects from SILO AR+D, Associate Professor of Architecture Marc Manack’s firm and The Raleigh Architecture Company, a practice co-founded by alumni Robby Johnston ’03 and Craig Kerins ’04.
- 6/7: This cycling class is great for all fitness levels and a change to your regular fitness routine. Take a seat and join us on our next ride! Reservations no longer required.
- 6/8: Label, filter and search your email like a pro after attending the virtual workshop, “Gmail: Organizing Your Email.”
- 6/10: Register for Niner Night at Vaulted Oak Brewing, which is owned by 49er alumni Kiel Arrington ’08 and Chuck Kistler ’06. The first 49 registrants will receive a free drink ticket.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!