Pride Month at UNC Charlotte: Building an inclusive campus
UNC Charlotte celebrates Pride Month and the accomplishments of LGBTQ+ Niners. A wide range of on- and off-campus resources are available to support the academic, professional and lifelong success of members of the University's LGBTQ+ community.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form after receiving your vaccine. You will be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing once the form is approved.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Join Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) on Friday, June 11, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. for the next virtual QPR mental health and suicide prevention training. QPR stands for question, persuade and refer — the three simple steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide. People trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to help. To register, visit the Learning and Organizational Development Portal and log in using your NinerNet credentials. The session is listed under “All Staff and Faculty.” If you need assistance, reach out to Sarah Besse.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- OneIT will tour offices and labs to help ensure University campus computers are powered on and connected to the network. Schedule a complimentary check for your office.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- SDS x Charlotte Football Club: Uncovering Off The Field Insights: The MLS expansion team, the Charlotte Football Club, empowers undergraduate students to use data science to solve off-the-field problems. Discover how the club utilizes its solutions to complete its inaugural roster.
Music lecturer Kelsey Klotz explained the origins of the Veiled Prophet Organization, the controversial St. Louis tradition that made national headlines last week.
Criminal Justice professor Matthew Phillips discussed the reasons why Alamance County has become a popular thoroughfare for drug trafficking.
- 6/9: Create professional presentations by learning how to add content, collaborate and present in this Google Slides beginners course.
- 6/10: This Pilates workout develops strength, flexibility, core conditioning/stability, balance and inner awareness. Come strengthen the “powerhouse” that is your body.
- 6/15: Create text documents and collaborate right from your web browser! Learn more in Intro to Google Docs.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!