Celebrating Juneteenth through dance
“ÌBÀ OBÍNRIN,” a film featuring three dances created by Tamara Williams, associate professor of dance, pays homage to the contributions of Black women in the liberation of enslaved people in the United States. It premieres virtually on Saturday, June 19.
- Already have your shot? Let us know. If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Those who receive the vaccination and submit the reporting form with the appropriate documentation will be exempt from completing the daily Niner Health Check and the requirement to participate in random mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Join us virtually for our informal quarterly purchasing card works navigation assistance and Q&A session! Register online on the Learning and Development Portal.
- Register for the virtual legal training session, “BART and Free Speech on Campus: Challenges and Opportunities in Addressing Higher Education Bias Incidents,” scheduled for Tuesday, June 29.
- Join us for a series of webinars from TIAA regarding retirement planning.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- This Atkins Library guide provides resources for all new UNC Charlotte students.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Distinguished Service Award presented to Sally Gambrell Bridgford: Sally Gambrell Bridgford, president of The Gambrell Foundation, is the 2021 recipient of the UNC Charlotte Distinguished Service Award. She was honored Wednesday, June 9, during a special luncheon in the UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
- 6/22: By using ballet techniques and multiple props, Barre is a full-body exercise class that focuses on high repetition with low weights and impact. Come enjoy fun music, muscle strengthening and improving your balance with this high-energy class! Reservations are not required.
- 6/23: Train your lower body with us! We will hit on all of the major muscle groups such as abdominals, glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and more. Get ready to squat and crunch with us in this muscle endurance class!6/17: This Pilates non-impact workout develops strength, flexibility, core conditioning/stability, balance and inner awareness.
- 6/24: Learn to create and format clean spreadsheets to collaborate and share in “Intro to Google Sheets.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!