UNC Charlotte architecture students join students from Florida and the Bahamas to design post-hurricane housing
As North America prepares for hurricane season, a collaboration among UNC Charlotte, the University of the Bahamas and Florida A&M University has brought together students from all three institutions to design innovative and sustainable housing prototypes to serve as emergency shelters after a natural disaster.
- Study to illuminate experience of community college transfer students.
- Already have your shot? Let us know. If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Those who receive the vaccination and submit the reporting form with the appropriate documentation will be exempt from completing the daily Niner Health Check and the requirement to participate in random mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- OneIT will tour offices and labs to help ensure University campus computers are powered on and connected to the network. Schedule a complimentary check for your office.
- The State Health Plan's COVID-19 treatment waiver will expire June 30. After that date, employees will be responsible for the applicable copays/coinsurance for COVID-19 treatment. As a reminder, testing for COVID-19 is still free regardless of the site of service, as well as the COVID-19 vaccine. More information can be found on the HR website.
- Without the proper enterprise security software, unmanaged computers pose a significant ransomware risk. OneIT requested help from university leaders and deans to identify unmanaged devices by August so enterprise security software can be installed. If you have an unmanaged device or are unsure, please report your device using this form.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Learn more about the UNC Charlotte Honors College at the upcoming Honors College Information Session.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Cato College recognized nationally for excellence in educator preparation: The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) has named UNC Charlotte’s Cato College of Education one of 60 providers nationally to receive accreditation for its educator preparation programs.
- Tao Han wins NSF CAREER Award: Professor Tao Han has been awarded $449,779 for his CAREER proposal AutoEdge: Deep Reinforcement Learning Methods and Systems for network Automation at Wireless Edge.
Acting professor Kaja Dunn was featured in the Charlotte Observer for receiving a Kennedy Center Medallion for her efforts to diversify theater education.
UNC Charlotte student Aisha Ly is participating in a program that introduces diverse women from nontraditional fields of study to the alternative investments industry.
- 6/23: The challenge is yours to decide how hard to push yourself! This cycling class is great for all fitness levels and offers a change to your regular fitness routine. Take a seat and join us on our next ride!
- 6/23: By using ballet techniques and multiple props, Barre is a full-body exercise class that focuses on high repetition with low weights and impact. Come enjoy fun music, muscle strengthening and improving your balance with this high-energy class!
- 6/24: Google Sheets lets you create and format spreadsheets and work with others collaboratively. In this introductory course, you will learn to create, format, edit and share a spreadsheet.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!