UNC Charlotte Magazine illustrates the impressive and inspiring ways Niners are ‘Shaping What's Next’
The spring 2021 edition of UNC Charlotte Magazine, produced by the Office of University Communications, focuses on UNC Charlotte's bold, new strategic plan. The cover feature, "Shaping What's Next," profiles and celebrates work that is underway to transform students' lives, power the future, guide our progress and live our commitments. Explore the electronic version here.
- Gold Rush, UNC Charlotte's official welcome program, returns in person this fall! Gold Rush engages returning students and welcomes new students to campus by acclimating them to the many programs, services and traditions present at UNC Charlotte. All programs are hosted by UNC Charlotte departments and student organizations. New Student and Family Services encourages student organizations and campus departments to submit events for inclusion in the official Gold Rush schedule by Friday, July 2. Learn more and submit your events here.
- Upload your vaccination record for another chance to win $500: Are you interested in free parking for the upcoming academic year? Would you like $500 loaded onto your 49er ID Card? Enter the drawing by submitting the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form with documentation of your vaccination by 5 p.m., Sunday, July 4. This is your opportunity to do your part to protect our campus community! Winners from the June 15 drawing will be announced next week in Niner Insider.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Please take a few moments today to review this FAQ and update your emergency contact information through my.uncc.edu if needed. It is important to keep this information updated with the University so that Human Resources and Safety and Security can access this information in the event of an emergency.
- Looking to sharpen your golf game or simply learn the basics? University Recreation is hosting its “Swing into Summer” golf lessons. All skill levels are welcome. Learn more and register today!
- UNC Charlotte's Virtual On-Campus Job Fair registration is live! The event, scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 3, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., provides departments with an excellent opportunity to recruit students for on-campus positions and interview interested candidates before they return to campus. Departments can recruit for FWS, STW, UPIP and graduate assistant positions.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Looking for fun, free, virtual things to do? The Student Involvement Office assembled this list of online and virtual experiences to keep you entertained! Virtual tours, online museums, cute animal webcams and more!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Mechanical Engineering student selected for NASA internship: Letice Bussiere was chosen for a summer internship with NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.
- Atkins Library receives federal grant for inter-institutional program: J. Murrey Atkins Library, in partnership with seven state university libraries, has been awarded a $49,414 grant to create an inter-institutional mobile hotspot lending program.
- 6/25: Hoping to focus on strength, balance and flexibility but also get in a good workout? Power yoga will take you through the elements of yoga at a faster pace and keep you moving the majority of the time!
- 6/25: Union Theater Movies: “Straight Outta Compton.” In 1988, a groundbreaking new group revolutionized music and pop culture, changing and influencing hip-hop forever. N.W.A's first studio album, "Straight Outta Compton," stirs controversy with its brutally honest depiction of life in Southern Los Angeles. With guidance from veteran manager Jerry Heller, band members Ice Cube (O'Shea Jackson Jr.), Dr. Dre (Corey Hawkins), Eazy-E, DJ Yella and MC Ren navigate their way through the industry, acquiring fame, fortune and a place in history.
- 6/28: The challenge is up to you and how hard you want to push yourself! This class is great for all fitness levels and a change to your regular fitness routine. Take a seat and join us on our next ride!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!