Show your UNC Charlotte pride during Niner Nation Week
From Oct. 31 to Nov. 7, UNC Charlotte will paint the Queen City green thanks to help from Niner Nation and our city partners! During our newly established Niner Nation Week, the University will host signature Homecoming and Family Weekend events on campus along with additional gatherings for the larger Charlotte community. Partner with us or become a Niner Nation Week ambassador.
- Brian G. Trent, chief operating officer for the National Eye Institute (NEI) at the National Institutes of Health, has been appointed vice chancellor for business affairs at UNC Charlotte following a national search. He will assume his duties Aug. 30, 2021.
- The Charlotte 49ers recently announced Greenlight, a customized set of tools to allow student-athletes to pursue opportunities associated with their name, image and likeness. The 49ers have partnered with COMPASS (CLC + Game Plan) and INFLCR to provide solutions for education, monitoring, disclosure and brand-building.
- 49erNext program expands to provide guaranteed admission for eligible Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students who transfer to UNC Charlotte.
- The lucky recipients: Congratulations to students Elizabeth Hawkins, Maddie Bowman, Camryn Amaker, Shelby Townsend, Mia Shiflet and Nudzejma Jusufovic and employees Sangkil Moon, Johnny Doyle, Drew McGuffin and Bonny Shade as the winners of the first vaccine prize drawing.
- How can you be entered into the next vaccine prize drawing? Submit the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form with documentation of your vaccination by 5 p.m., Sunday, July 4, to be entered into a drawing for free parking for the upcoming academic year or $500 loaded onto your 49er ID card. Fill out the reporting form and help us finish the White House and Department of Education's COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge strong.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Learn how to make the most of your finances and resources at one of the sensible savings sessions, free financial and retirement planning workshops sponsored by NCFlex in partnership with the State Retirement System, State Employees Credit Union and Prudential Retirement.
- A parking permit is required to park on campus. Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS) is offering two discount summer permit options to assist faculty and staff who are returning to campus on July 6. View your summer permit options and contact the PaTS Communication Center at 704-687-0161 with any questions. The 2021-2022 annual permit goes on sale Aug. 2.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- The Office of International Programs urges all students considering study abroad in spring 2022 to apply for their passports ASAP due to significant delays in processing times.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Mechanical engineering professors awarded a UNC Research Opportunities Initiatives grant: A $1.25 million grant from the UNC System for research defined as "potentially game changing" will position UNC Charlotte as a national leader in additive manufacture of advanced ceramics, also known as 3-D printing.
The Charlotte Business Journal featured a new Urban Institute study about challenges facing minority-owned small businesses, and what solutions we can implement to help.
UNC Charlotte SGA president Dick Beekman shared his thoughts on working with University administrators to achieve positive outcomes for students.
- 7/2: Hoping to focus on strength, balance and flexibility and get in a good workout? Power yoga will take you through the elements of yoga at a faster pace and keep you moving the majority of the time!
- 7/5: BodyPump is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.
- 7/6: Hit on strengthening all of the major muscle groups in this class! Thirty minutes dedicated to training your muscles and bringing them to fatigue from the shoulders all the way down to your calves!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!