Alumna chosen as Raleigh police chief
UNC Charlotte alumna Estella Patterson ’96 is the new police chief for Raleigh, North Carolina. Her selection followed a competitive national search. She will take office Aug. 1, succeeding Cassandra Deck-Brown, who is retiring.
- Research and Economic Development is launching the IRB Human Subjects Niner Research module that will replace the current IRB protocol submission and management system, IRBIS. The Niner Research IRB module is scheduled to go live on July 1. Additional information about the IRB module and retirement of the current system is online.
- Mari Ross will join UNC Charlotte’s Division of Student Affairs as associate vice chancellor for health and well-being effective Monday, Aug. 9.
- Professor of Accounting Howard Godfrey has retired after 47 years.
- Thank you for getting vaccinated: As of today, 70% of UNC Charlotte’s faculty and staff have been vaccinated. Thank you for doing your part to protect our campus community! If you still need to be vaccinated, visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- On Friday, July 9, ARCHIBUS, the system used by Facilities Management customers to submit work orders and other requests, will be upgraded to version 25.1. The upgrade will include a cleaner, fresher look as well as customized dashboards.
- The Out-of-State Employee Guidance was updated July 1 and includes the new Out-of-State Work Approval Form.
- Every two years, the LGBTQ+ Staff and Faculty Caucus holds elections for its executive board. Nominations are due by Aug. 1.
- ICYMI: UNC Charlotte's Virtual On-Campus Job Fair is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 3, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event provides departments with an excellent opportunity to recruit students for on-campus positions and interview interested candidates before they return to campus. Departments can recruit for FWS, STW, UPIP and graduate assistant positions.
- On Monday, July 12, Atkins Library will update its interlibrary loan webpages, including request forms and account pages. The new pages feature a modern, accessible design with an improved user interface. Watch this video introduction to learn more.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- The Center for Counseling and Psychological Services provides individual counseling, group counseling, workshops and more during the summer 2021 semester.
- Join the Office of Undergraduate Research for a panel discussion on July 14 featuring UNC Charlotte faculty discussing how to successfully apply for fellowships.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Exchange program brings veteran students from Tennessee for STEM research opportunities: Three military veteran students from the University of Tennessee, Mckenna Goss, Bradly Edwards and Jacob Armiger, joined UNC Charlotte engineering veteran students Phillip Brown and Ulysses Ungos in a 10-week program that started in June. UNC Charlotte sent three military veteran students to Tennessee to experience its research culture.
- Belk College announces 2021 faculty and staff award recipients: The Belk College of Business at UNC Charlotte has presented awards to faculty and staff in recognition of their accomplishments in teaching, research and service.
- 7/13: With Google Docs, you can create and edit text documents right in your browser. No special software is needed. You can even work with multiple people at the same time. This beginner's course will introduce you to the basic features in Google Docs. Learn to create and import documents, edit and format, share and collaborate, and print and download.
- 7/13: If you are looking for that slow-flow yoga class to focus on deep stretching and relaxation, look no further! Gentle yoga eases you through a series of poses and stretches that leaves you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed!
- 7/14: Train your lower body with us! We will hit all of the major muscle groups such as abdominals, glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and more.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!