Alumna chosen as Raleigh police chief
Q&A: Niner Transit, Bioinformatics and coronavirus presence and transmission: In March 2020, as the coronavirus pandemic was emerging, a team of researchers from UNC Charlotte’s Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics — curious about how SARS-CoV-2 RNA spreads, went to work collecting samples from Niner Transit, the campus bus system. Lauren Roppolo Brazell, a doctoral candidate in bioinformatics, talks about what they discovered — and what they hope yet to learn.
- Dean of Students Christine Reed Davis discusses her dissertation, "A Phenomenological Case Study of Faculty and Staff Experiences in Green Zone Training to Support Student Veteran Transition into Higher Education," with Beyond the Defense Podcast.
- Already have your shot? Let us know. If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Those who receive the vaccination and submit the reporting form with the appropriate documentation will be exempt from completing the daily Niner Health Check and the requirement to participate in random mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- In this webinar, state employees can learn how to continue their NCFlex plans after leaving employment or becoming ineligible. Also, there will be a discussion of what qualifies as a “life event” and how to make changes to benefits when one occurs.
- Curious who supports University workstations in your building? See IT hardware and software support by building.
- The 2021 state-required building evacuation and fire safety training for all employees will be available at onlinelearning.uncc.edu starting Monday, Aug. 2, and will remain open for 90 days. For details, see the EHS compliance training FAQs.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Students may notice a minor change in the NinerNet library account login path. This change does not affect how students request materials or services.
- This graduate admissions information session is designed for prospective students starting an application and those who have an application in process. It will provide a general overview about admission requirements, application process and include valuable information about standardized test requirements, funding opportunities and financial aid.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Hogan named CoSIDA Academic All-America: Recent Charlotte men's soccer standout Patrick Hogan earned CoSIDA Academic All-America Second Team honors, as announced by the College Sports Information Directors of America this week. He was the only player from Conference USA to be picked to any of the three teams.
- 7/15: Explore methods of keeping organized with Google Drive, including sorting, filtering and searching for files and discover how to manage folders for better organization.
- 7/15: Hit on strengthening all of the major muscle groups in this class! Thirty minutes dedicated to training your muscles and bringing them to fatigue from the shoulders all the way down to your calves.
- 7/15: A fusion-style conditioning program of non-stop cardio and strength that blends techniques drawn from dance, pilates and fitness. Balletone is like dancing for the non-dancer!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!