What a year it has been!
Today marks one year since Chancellor Gaber became a Niner. It has been a remarkable and memorable 12 months, with UNC Charlotte continuing its positive momentum to fearlessly shape what’s next and positively impact communities in the Charlotte region, North Carolina and across the globe. Take a look back on all we have accomplished together in the past 365 days.
- Join the Move-In Crew and help Housing and Residence Life welcome Niner Nation to campus this fall (Aug. 18-21). Student organizations, faculty, staff and alumni are all welcome to sign up here. Volunteers must be signed up by 5 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 1. Learn more on the Housing and Residence Life website.
- Did you know? Did you know that once you receive your vaccination and submit the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form with the appropriate documentation, you will be exempt from exposure-driven quarantine, participating in random mitigation testing and completing the daily Niner Health Check? Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Have you registered for UNC Charlotte's Virtual On-Campus Job Fair, scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 3, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m? The event provides departments with an excellent opportunity to recruit students for on-campus positions and interview interested candidates before they return to campus. Departments can recruit for FWS, STW, UPIP and graduate assistant positions.
- Supply chain issues continue to delay the arrival of new and replacement technologies for classrooms, labs and faculty and staff offices. OneIT is working one-on-one with individuals and departments to distribute devices and anticipates replacing equipment throughout the fall semester. Please note that orders for new staff devices are likely to be delayed. Please contact the IT Service Desk or your IT director with questions.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Discover ways to improve your chances of making an “A” on your next exam, mid-term or final with the Tuesday, July 27 “Prepping for Tests” workshop.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Reynolds named to Maxwell Award Watch List for second straight year: For the second straight year, Charlotte 49ers redshirt senior quarterback Chris Reynolds is one of the nation's top 80 players named to the National College Football Awards Association's Maxwell Award Watch List.
- 7/21: Train your lower body with us! We will hit on all of the major muscle groups such as abdominals, glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and more. Get ready to squat and crunch with us in this muscle endurance class!
- 7/27: Learn how to create, edit and format spreadsheets and collaborate with others using Google Sheets.
- 7/29: Niner Night at Wooden Robot: Join the UNC Charlotte Alumni Association for this free Niner Night event from 5 to 8 p.m. The first 49 attendees (ages 21+) to register will receive a free drink when they arrive.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!