Carbon Commitment re-signed by Chancellor Gaber
Chancellor Gaber re-signed the Carbon Commitment, first signed in 2009, to reaffirm the University's commitment to climate action.
- Let us know: If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
- The lucky recipients: Congratulations to students Kristen Allen, Miles Brown, Flor Lizano and Grace Lumbu and employees Morgan Foster, Maryanne Maree-Sams, Jill Rogers and Jessica Waldman as the winners of the second vaccine prize drawing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Benefits-eligible employees who are tobacco users can get a head start on open enrollment by attending a tobacco cessation counseling session to earn a lower premium for 2022. They also will need to attest during the open enrollment process. More information can be found on the HR website.
- The 2021 state-required building evacuation and fire safety training for all employees will be available at onlinelearning.uncc.edu on Monday, Aug. 2, and will remain open for 90 days. For details, see the EHS compliance training FAQs.
- Next week, Google is expected to email owners of files shared to “anyone with the link” to let them know of a security update. The update will require new viewers of publicly shared files to use an updated URL to access the file content. Owners will be able to remove the latest security update for specific files. See this and other Google Workspace Updates for July.
- Check out Atkins Library's newsletter for June/July. Read about a grant for mobile hotspot lending, virtually reconstructing Charlotte’s African American neighborhoods and an exhibit commemorating a breakthrough in vaccinology.
UNC Charlotte is modifying the current grade replacement policy. Changes will become effective for fall 2021. Faculty/Staff training sessions about the policy change can be found here.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Are you looking to connect with campus departments before the start of school? The Virtual Resource Fair is an online drop-in event on Tuesday, July 27, that connects students and families with on-campus offices and departments such as University Recreation (UREC), Housing and Residence Life, Niner Central and more!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Megan Bird ’21 is the recipient of a Phi Kappa Phi fellowship for graduate studies: The Levine Scholar and former Niner Times news section editor heads to the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School in the fall.
- 7/22: Attend the art gallery exhibit of sticky notes by the employees of the Popp Martin Student Union, featuring the artwork of art gallery attendants Aslin Chavarria Ayala, Caleb Holguin, Sierra Miles, Millicent Read, Kasey Varner and Adriana Villalpando.
- 7/26: Join us for a non-impact Pilates workout to develop strength, flexibility, core conditioning/stability, balance and inner awareness.
- 7/29: Explore methods of keeping organized with Google Drive, including sorting, filtering and searching for files and discover how to manage folders for better organization.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!