Who is Dick Beekman?
Dick Beekman wears many hats, and with many hats comes many opportunities. As he grows in his passion for his studies, plans his future and represents UNC Charlotte students, he moves forward with optimism while growing in character, all with good humor and high spirits.
- Let us know: If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Reminder: If you are considering retirement this year, register to attend the "Ready, Set, Go!" session on Thursday, Aug. 5, to learn about your retirement benefits and next steps. More information on the retirement planning process can be found on the Human Resources website, and you can register for the training on the Learning and Development Portal.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- UNC Charlotte is modifying the current Grade Replacement Policy, changes made will become effective fall 2021. Additional information regarding the Grade Replacement Policy can be found on the Niner Central website.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Belk College student spending summer on Wall Street: Kevin Briones-Tristan, a junior economics major from Greensboro, is participating in the RBC U.S. Pathways Program, which aims to expose traditionally underrepresented undergraduate students to careers in finance, as a global markets analyst.
- Alumna promoted to principal dancer in NYC company: Laura Dearman ’18 has been promoted to a principal dancer position with Neville Dance Theatre, a Manhattan-based contemporary ballet company.
- 7/28: MixxedFit is a people-inspired dance fitness program that is a mix of explosive dancing and boot camp toning. Our choreography is set to today’s hits and yesterday’s favorites and is repetitive and easy to follow, so people of all ages and fitness levels can participate!
- 7/29: Explore methods of keeping organized with Google Drive, including sorting, filtering and searching for files and discover how to manage folders for better organization.
- 7/30: Hoping to focus on strength, balance and flexibility while getting in a good workout? Power yoga will take you through the elements of yoga at a faster pace and keep you moving the majority of the time!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!