Michaella Arteta: a leader on and off the field
Michaella Arteta can be described in many ways, but the best word to describe this student-athlete is “leader.” A senior captain on the women’s soccer team, Arteta has triumphed as a 49er and will lead her team and fellow athletes this season both on and off the field.
- Parking permits and CATS All-Access Transit Passes go on sale Monday, Aug. 2. Learn about your 2021-2022 parking and transportation options.
- As part of its initial accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA), UNC Charlotte’s Department of Police and Public Safety (PPS) Communications Center must undergo an assessment.
- Join the Move-In Crew and help Housing and Residence Life welcome Niner Nation to campus this fall (Aug. 18-21). Student organizations, faculty, staff and alumni are welcome to sign up. Volunteers must register by 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 1. Learn more and register on the Housing and Residence Life website.
- Already vaccinated? Let us know: If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The 2021 state-required building evacuation and fire safety training for all employees will open at onlinelearning.uncc.edu on Monday, Aug. 2, and remain open for 90 days. For details, see the EHS compliance training FAQs.
- The Summer Research Symposium, hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR), will be held virtually Friday, July 30, beginning at 9 a.m. The keynote speaker, Efra Rivera-Serrano, will host a live Q&A session following remarks. The asynchronous poster session, featuring the work of 123 students, will be viewable throughout the day.
- The Office of International Programs invites qualified candidates to submit program applications for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program prior to the Wednesday, Sept. 15, deadline. Note that U.S. citizenship is required. Click here to search all awards available in the 2022-23 competition or connect with UNC Charlotte's Fulbright Scholar liaison.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Register to attend the Graduate School Application Information Session on Thursday, Aug. 19.
- The Summer Research Symposium, hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR), will be held virtually Friday, July 30, beginning live at 9 a.m. The keynote speaker, Efra Rivera-Serrano, will host a live Q&A session following remarks. The asynchronous poster session, featuring the work of 123 students, will be viewable throughout the day.
- Sign up to receive future financial aid refunds through direct deposit for a chance to win one of 49 prizes, ranging from a $50 Amazon gift card to an Apple MacBook Air! Students receive their refunds one to two weeks faster through direct deposit compared to a mailed check. Already signed up for direct deposit? You are still eligible to win prizes!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Assistant director for financial literacy named Educator of the Year: Brad Yeckley recently was named Educator of the Year by the Institute for Financial Literacy during the 2021 Excellence in Financial Literacy Education Awards in recognition of his work during the last year to build a robust financial literacy and well-being program at UNC Charlotte.
- NSF grant will further development of solar windows: An architecture and engineering interdisciplinary team received a National Science Foundation Partnerships for Innovation grant to advance its research.
- 7/29: Cool off, enjoy some ice cream, and join the Office of International Programs, the ISSO and CAPS from 4 to 5 p.m., Thursday, July 29, for a co-sponsored, summer rendition of the ISSO's usual International Coffee Hour. We'll provide the ice cream treats and games — all you need to do is show up!
- 8/2: BODYPUMP is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.
- 8/3: This beginners’ “Google Slides” course will instruct users how to add content, collaborate and present in order to create professional presentations.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!