$11.5 million gift from The Leon Levine Foundation extends the transformative Levine Scholars Program
An $11.5 million gift from philanthropists Leon and Sandra Levine, through their foundation, extends the University’s most prestigious merit-based scholarship program through 2029. The Levine Foundation's support of the Levine Scholars Program makes the Foundation the largest cumulative donor in UNC Charlotte's history.
- Already vaccinated? Let us know. If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- TIAA is offering one-on-one retirement counseling sessions during September and October to help you create a plan to reach your retirement goals, no matter where you are in life. More information is available on the HR website. RSVP today.
- Faculty Reminder: Podiums and other classroom technology may require up to five minutes to start up and update appropriately after the first login in a while. Following login attempts will be much faster.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Stop by to enjoy cupcakes, carnival games and giveaways with the Career Center on Wednesday, Aug. 18! Have fun while learning how to join a Career Community (or two), and how we can help you explore majors and careers and find an on- and off-campus job or internship!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Researcher earns NSF CAREER Award to support work with optical systems to find creative solutions: UNC Charlotte researcher Rosario Porras-Aguilar is fascinated by light, inspired by its beauty and its usefulness. Specifically, she focuses her pioneering research on how light can enable more accurate quantitative data in fields ranging from microbiology to high-tech manufacturing.
- 8/3: Hit on strengthening all of the major muscle groups in this class! Thirty minutes dedicated to training your muscles and bringing them to fatigue from the shoulders all the way down to your calves!
- 8/5: With Google Docs, you can create and edit text documents right in your browser. No special software needed! Join us to learn how you can use Google Docs to create documents and edit and format them to share and collaborate!
- 8/26: Join us for a virtual discussion about health disparities in Charlotte. Panelists include Urban Research and Community Development Associate Provost Byron White, Jerome Williams of Novant Health and Kinneil Coltman of Atrium Health and assistant professor in the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!