UNC Charlotte launches School of Professional Studies for adult students
UNC Charlotte’s new School of Professional Studies will harness the University’s expertise in delivering high-quality and flexible online learning to become the premier choice for working professionals seeking further education to advance or transition careers or complete their undergraduate education.
Upcoming town halls
Virtual town halls will be open to students, faculty, staff and family members on the followings dates:
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 10 a.m. - Employees Town Hall, register here
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2 p.m. - Student Town Hall, register here
- Monday, Aug. 16, 2:30 p.m. - Student Town Hall, register here
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- This asynchronous online “Syllabus 101: Roadmap to Success” workshop provides information about the important components of a syllabus, ways in which you can enhance your course syllabus and strategies for using your syllabus as a learning tool. This workshop, which counts toward the Essentials of Teaching and Learning Certificate, starts Monday, Aug. 9, so register now to reserve your spot.
- “Effective Online Teaching Bootcamp” is a two-day online facilitated workshop that is ideal for those new to online teaching, using Canvas or developing new course materials. Both days have built-in working breakout sessions so you can leave with the foundations of course elements completed! This workshop starts Wednesday, Aug. 11, so register now to reserve your spot.
- Returning to campus for the first time in a while? “Forget” Eduroam Wi-Fi on your computer and phone.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- The Student Organizations Showcase serves as the primary method for student organizations to recruit members and inform students about opportunities for involvement at UNC Charlotte. The Student Organizations Showcase will be in person on Sunday, Aug. 22, from 2:30 to 5 p.m. in the CHHS/CoEd Plaza and surrounding areas. No RSVP is required.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Thomas inks pro contract with Manchester United: Former Charlotte women's soccer standout Martha Thomas '18 has signed a two-year professional contract with Manchester United, continuing her professional career that began in 2018.
- 8/5: This Pilates non-impact workout is designed to develop strength, flexibility, core conditioning/stability, balance and inner awareness. Come strengthen the “powerhouse” that is your body.
- 8/6: Hoping to focus on strength, balance and flexibility but get in a good workout? Power yoga will take you through the elements of yoga at a faster pace and keep you moving the majority of the time.
- 8/10: This training will enhance your experience with Google Docs. Learn a few tips and tricks that will make your work life much easier and productive.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!