University Convocation scheduled for Hauser Alumni Pavilion
Chancellor Sharon Gaber invites faculty and staff to University Convocation, which will be at Hauser Alumni Pavilion at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 19. This is a chance for members of the campus community to hear about UNC Charlotte’s long-term goals and immediate plans and issues.
University conducting NinerAlerts test Thursday, Aug. 12
The Office of Emergency Management and Police and Public Safety will conduct a full test of the NinerAlert system from approximately 10 to 11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 12. All methods of alert notification will be used. This includes text messaging, email, Alertus technology (on-campus screen takeover), LiveSafe and social media.
Already vaccinated? Let us know.
If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Due to a system update, eBenefits will not be available tomorrow, Aug. 12. Access to eBenefits will resume on Friday, Aug. 13, for members to view, make updates or changes to accounts.
- “Starting with a Fresh Canvas” is an online workshop for people who want to build their Canvas course from a clean slate. You will explore the Canvas interface, learn how to set the home page and communicate with your students and practice adding content and resources — including the syllabus — to your Canvas course. The workshop begins at 1 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 13.
- Join NC 529 representatives on Thursday, Aug. 12, at 6 p.m. to learn about all the ways 529 funds can be used to pay for education expenses. If you are not already an NC 529 account holder, you will discover the various ways you can contribute once your savings plan is established.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- We're shaking things up a bit with Instagrammable Milkshakes! Guests will make their own shakes and use the hashtag, #ShakingUpUNCCharlotte to show off their creations during brunch at SoVi. This is a great event for you and for your friends.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Eleven 49ers earn USTFCCCA All-Academic Honors: Eleven 49ers have earned spots on the U.S Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) All-Academic Teams.
- 8/11: By using ballet techniques and multiple props, Barre is a full-body exercise class that focuses on high repetition with low weights and impact.
- 8/12: A fusion-style conditioning program of non-stop cardio and strength that blends techniques drawn from dance, pilates and fitness, Balletone is like dancing for the non-dancer.
- 8/16-8/17: Kendra Scott's virtual fundraiser will support the Ellis Reed Parlier Scholarship. During this special fundraiser, co-hosted by the Parlier family, 20 percent of all proceeds will go to the scholarship fund.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!