Save the date for New Student Convocation
As we approach the start of the fall semester, we invite incoming students, along with faculty and staff, to mark their calendars for New Student Convocation, scheduled for 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 22, in Jerry Richardson Stadium.
New Student Convocation is the official celebration to welcome new students into Niner Nation. During the event, you will learn about UNC Charlotte’s traditions, mission and values that drive the 49ers spirit. This event is a University tradition you won’t want to miss!
Register for this week's campus vaccination clinic
Appointments are still available for the campus vaccination clinic on Thursday, Aug. 19, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Barnhardt Student Activity Center. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine will be offered at no cost. Register now.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The introductory course “Adding Videos to Canvas” will guide instructors who have never used My Media and Kaltura to manage videos in their Canvas Course. It will get you up and running in no time! Workshop is at 9 a.m., Friday, Aug. 20.
- A reminder about community service leave: Each year, full-time UNC Charlotte employees receive 24 hours of paid community service leave (CSL), which can be used to volunteer for schools, communities, North Carolina institutes of higher education and state agencies and recognized not-for-profit organizations. As we grow closer to the upcoming school year, please remember that community service leave cannot be used for attending your child's move-in. More information on CSL can be found on the HR website.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Sign up to receive future financial aid refunds through direct deposit for a chance to win one of 49 prizes this fall, ranging from a $50 Amazon gift card to an Apple MacBook Air! Students receive their refunds one to two weeks faster through direct deposit compared to a mailed check.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Pole vaulter Riley Felts adds to her list of accolades: Charlotte 49ers women's track & field pole vaulter Riley Felts continues to garner recognition. Recently, she earned Third-Team Academic All-America honors from the College Sports Information Directors of America.
- 8/16-8/17: Kendra Scott's virtual fundraiser, which kicks off today, will support the Ellis Reed Parlier Scholarship. During this event, co-hosted by the Parlier family, 20% of all proceeds will go to the scholarship fund.
- 8/18: Join the Women + Girls Research Alliance for its August 2021 research and practice panel discussion, “She-Cession.” Panelists will discuss what is needed to get women back to work.
- 8/19: Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and work with other people collaboratively. In this introductory course, you will learn to create, edit and format a spreadsheet and share it to work with others.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!